Was making presentation about how we were transforming IT into service type instead of control type.
- Imagine you have to earn money. Perfectly shifts away your thinking away from “cost efficiency”.
- Avoid broad terms. Too much room for interpretation.
- Control scope. Be explicit about what you can do. Say “no” to things you can’t.
- Monitoring and Transparency. Best way to control things.
- De-centralize certain activities. Build for scale.
- Grow you process. Evolution vs adoption
- Know value flow. Local efficiency is not what you need